Thursday, May 25, 2006

Latest Bush-Putin Similarity, Charging Reporters with Crimes!

Dear President Bush,

Didn’t your Justice Department just release that it would charge members of the media with crimes for printing classified information? It seems someone is following your lead as most times that information is critical of your administration.

Prosecutors are investigating a journalist for publishing an article mocking President Vladimir Putin over his call to pay Russian women to have more children, an official said Wednesday.

The article was published by Vladimir Rakhmankov, editor of the online newspaper Kursiv in the central city of Ivanovo, said Andrei Galchenko of the regional prosecutor's office.


The piece poked fun at Putin's recent state of the nation address that called for economic incentives to boost the country's plummeting birth rate. Russian media reported that the publication suggested that animals at a local zoo increased their mating, heeding Putin's call.


Ooopps! My first piece on this blog mocks your 2006 State of the Union Address. Might I be in trouble? I just saw a dark blue van backing up slowly in front of my house. It had a white badge on the side but at my angle I could not see the writing. Did you or one of your minions send it?

It is a good thing I am not a reporter. Could you charge me for raising concerns about for profit health care donations to Rep. Bill Thomas, powerful chair of the House Ways & Means Committee? Would you throw me behind bars for suggesting insider connections kept the Carlyle Group’s LifeCare out of the White House Lessons Learned report? I have a sense as to what would end me up in trouble, my recent post having Captain Kirk suggest you are not intelligent life!

Show you are different than Mr. Putin by laughing at the silliness of it all. Play that Stephen Colbert tape again, it might be funnier the second time around….

No comments: