Sunday, October 08, 2006

Republicans Shed Personal Responsibility Like a Used Condom

The bizarre Republican finger pointing party this past week was climaxed by a jailhouse letter from Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham. How could it be any stranger than the Teflon coated condom shorn by Rep. Dennis Hastert as he pleaded ignorance over inappropriate e-mails Rep. Mark Foley sent to underage male pages? Read portions of it to see. Cunningham lashes out at the two men he blames for his predicament, Mark Wade the briber, and Marcus Stern the reporter who broke the story.

"Wade is the absolute devil"

"I should have said no to the gifts. For that, I am truly sorry"

"Each time you print it hurts my family and now I have lost them along with everything I have worked for during my 64 years of life, I am human not an animal to keep whipping."

Cunningham blamed the reporter for his “constant cruelty”. The briber is the devil and the reporter the torturer? Please…

Is Randy advising the Republican Party on its response to the Mark Foley scandal? Congressional gayness is the devil and the crew that broke the story are Democratic operatives? Please…

No comments: