Monday, June 25, 2007

Supremes Step on Taxpayers and Shareholders


In a one two punch the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out suits by little guys trying to band together. Last week they booted shareholder class action lawsuits against big investment houses. Today they levelled taxpayers for not having standing to sue over the Bush administration's preferrentially pushing money to faith based groups.

The White House hailed both decisions but the article didn't say with what? Was it "damn the little guys", "attaboy Robert John (the guy with two first names I can't always put them in the right order)" or "when the Executive contols both Congress and the Supreme Court my bowels move easier"? I'm pretty sure Chief Justice Roberts responded with "Now that I've given you your rulings Mr. President can you please remove the metal vice from my head? Torture hurts!"

No comments: