Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Obama Tells CNBC He's Leaning Against Bush Tax Cut Repeal


President elect Barack Obama will likely ditch his promise to raise taxes on citizens making $250,000 or more a year.

I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football. I swung hard in 2000 for Uniter George W. Bush. Divider W. pulled the ball away at the last minute and I landed brutally on my back.

Eight years later, I summoned the courage to try again, based on Barack Obama's promise of change. With a running start, I plant my left foot and swing my right instep into the ball. I found air, a common byproduct of politicians. My tailbone hurts.

It's obviously their game. So power heads, go play it and leave the public to eke out our daily existence. Wall Street's greed killed investing. Washington, D. C. politics drove out hope. The interaction of big money boys and powerheads is killing democracy.

No comments: