Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bush Too Tired from Last Partisan Fishing Expedition

President Bush begged off a partisan fishing expedition with members of Congress. In a David Letterman like dream scene I can hear him saying:

"I'm still worn out from the last one! Do you know what it takes to land 8 attorney generals. Heck, their combined weight is 1,550 pounds. Lifting them with those huge hooks in their mouths, well that ain't easy. He, he, he! Plus, my fishing worm nicknamed Al Gonzales is too squirmy at the moment to hook. You gotta love my pet names for people, right Wanna Do Time?"

In the President's formal RSVP Bush said ""We will not go along with a partisan fishing expedition aimed at honorable public servants." I guess as the Decider Bush gets to put that label on people. How did the 8 dimissed attorney generals get the label of dishonorable when their performance evaluations were outstanding? One partisan fishing expedition down, how many more to go?

No comments: