Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rahm Emanuel Distances Himself from Father's Disparaging Remarks about Arabs


President Barack Obama appointed Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff last week. Dr. Benjamin Emanuel, Rahm's father, said the following in an interview:


"Obviously, he will influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn't he? What is he, an Arab? He's not going to clean the floors of the White House."

Rahm reportedly apologized to the President of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee. Haaretz reported he said:


"From the fullness of my heart, I personally apologize on behalf of my family and me. These are not the values upon which I was raised or those of my family."

Recall Rahm's father was in the Irgun, a British designated Zionist terrorist group. From Benjamin's actions and words, it's hard to discern the values upon which Rahm was raised. News reports show how much Rahm Emanuel values his middle finger.

No comments: