Thursday, February 28, 2008

FBI Investigations: Clemens vs. LifeCare


Nearly two years ago, I asked the FBI to investigate my concerns regarding the White House Lessons Learned Report on Hurricane Katrina. The circumstances around Fran Townsend's silence over LifeCare's 24 patient deaths warranted probing, at least in my mind. I never heard one word back from any accountable official. No one ever addressed my questions.

Now I see the FBI will investigate baseball pitcher Roger Clemens for perjury for his February 13th testimony. Wow, the FBI took on the case within a month. I've been waiting nearly two years. What's more troubling to the nation, a juiced up pitcher or an overheated dead hospital with patients in need of rescue? Apparently the FBI believes it's the former. One final thought, did Fran Townsend retire so she wouldn't have to be sworn in on this issue? She cited the constant threat of subpoena as a reason for leaving. The White House refused to share her e-mails with Chief of Staff Andy Card during Katrina. Where's the FBI when you need them?

No comments: