Monday, October 15, 2007

Larry Craig is a Constitutional Liar


Who gets wrongfully charged with a petty crime and refuses to tell their family? After the cop pulls you over for speeding when someone just blew by you at 80 miles and hour, do you keep that quiet? Do you hide it from the people you love, the ones who support you, especially when you were cited in error?

Sen. Craig told Matt Lauer on NBC it was a "tough call" not to tell anyone about the incident. "I didn't want to embarrass my wife, my kids, Idaho and my friends," Craig said. "And I wrestled with it a long while. ... I should have told my wife. I should have told my kids. And most importantly, I should have told counsel."

No offense Mr. Senator, but since when is counsel more important than family? Isn't Larry a member of the "family values" party? Wouldn't honesty with his wife and kids rate higher than telling some attorney?

Does Mr. Craig think people aren't watching. We saw his buckets full of moral indignation, spilled after the story was released to the media. "I am not gay. I have a wide stance. I reached down to pick up paper off the floor." Yet despite his best denials, pressure from members of his own party caused him to issue a premature resignation.

Larry Craig subsequently withdrew his commitment to leave the Senate. He continues trying to withdraw his guilty plea for a disorderly conduct charge. It involved soliciting gay sex in an airport men's room.

"It is my right to do what I'm doing," said Craig. "I've already provided for Idaho certainty that Idaho needed - I'm not running for re-election. I'm no longer in the way. I am pursuing my constitutional rights."

The first judge denied Larry's request to withdraw, so the Senator is appealing. Maybe another man in black robes will take Mr. Craig's offer more seriously. There's always next time in Washington's world of offers and requests. But rest assured the Idaho Senator is only pursuing his constitutional rights. So what if he lied to his family and country in the process. He'd better hurry up as the Constitution is just a "@#% %*)(^%" piece of paper, at least that's what our Chief Executive said...

No comments: