San Angelo Live reported:
The fire department responded to a structure fire at the former Concho Valley Center for Entrepreneurial Development (CVCED) headquarters, 2009 W. Beauregard Ave. at S. Garrett Street at 10:15 p.m. Saturday night.
Our reporter at the scene said that the exact location appears to be the startup company Medhab, Inc. where medical sensors for post-knee surgery patients are made.
The last sentence is factually incorrect as the FDA has not yet approved MedHab's device for post knee surgery patients. The facility makes:
RPM2 (RPM squared) , shorthand for “Remote Performance Measurement/Monitoring”; a remote monitoring, pressure sensing foot-bed device that provides super-accurate data about a person’s mechanics to improve performance and help prevent injuries.
MedHab would rather have smoking hot sales of RPM2 vs. a tripped burglar alarm and what appears to be an arson fire.
Update 2-1-15: The Standard Times story on the CVCED fire did not mention MedHab. It does mention the CVCED website which clearly lists its address as 69 N. Chadbourne, where no fire occurred.